Virtual • Aug 4–13, 2023
PADDLE ALERT: Sponsorship opportunities for 2023 now available!
Contact us for information >
EVENT STARTS IN
READY TO GET ON BOARD FOR NATURE?
You, WWF, a paddle. On a mission to save the planet's wild waters and natural places. It is time to love it, or lose it.
Between August 4–13, 2023 you can join with nature lovers all over the country by enjoying your favorite paddle sport on your favorite body of water with WWF's Virtual Panda Paddle.
This year's event offers a couple of exciting ways to participate:
Nature provides a solace that has never been more important to our physical and mental health. The Recreational Panda Paddle is a way to connect with nature by being in it.
How you paddle is entirely up to you:
• You can standup paddleboard (SUP), kayak, canoe, surfski, etc.
• You can go for a short paddle around your favorite lake, or you can challenge yourself to paddle further than you ever have before.
However you decide to participate, we encourage you get out on the water and experience the calming power of nature while you raise funds to protect it.
You can sign up for either a 5K course or a 10K course and use a fitness tracker to keep track of your time.
From August 4-13, take to the water with your favorite activity tracker turned on. Take a screenshot of your time and send it to the Panda Paddle team who will compile the results and share on our website!
And as always, the funds you raise as part of this event will help protect our ocean, fresh water, forests, and all living things.
When you register for WWF's Virtual Panda Paddle, you'll make a one-time donation of $40 and will receive a page on our website to raise funds and awareness for WWF's conservation work. Then between August 4–13, it's up to you! Choose a time and location to take to the water and paddle for a purpose.
Ready to get on board? Fill out the info below to begin your registration.
Sorry, there was a problem with that email address. Please try again.
There was a problem processing your request. Please see messages below for more information.
Share your #PandaPaddle photos on your favorite social media sites to show the world you're part of a large movement committed to protecting our planet's most vulnerable resources. Be sure to tag us @pandapaddle!
How does the competitive paddle work?
When you sign up for the Virtual Paddle Competition, you'll select the race distance in which you'd like to compete. Then on the event weekend, Aug 4–13, choose a day you'd like to paddle and use a fitness app of your choice to track your distance and time.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER...
• All participants should protect their health and safety and that of others by social distancing while participating.
• Please stay up to date on the latest news and guidelines from the CDC, WHO, and your local and national authorities about where you can participate and how to stay safe during your paddle.
• If you are feeling sick, please do not participate.
• If you are recovering from COVID-19 or a recent illness, please consult your physician before participating.