Top Fundraiser Contest Rules
The following rules govern the “Top Fundraiser” contest (the “Contest”) being administered by World Wildlife Fund, Inc. (“WWF”) in connection with the 2022 Panda Paddle Virtual Race (the “Event”). The purpose of the contest is to encourage Event participants to raise charitable funds in support of WWF by offering a Panda Paddle-branded standup paddleboard produced by Infinity Surf to the individual who raises the most as of 11:59 PM CT on August 21, 2022. By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these rules.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to participate in the Contest, you must (a) fully complete a registration as an Event Participant at PandaPaddle.org, (b) be at least 13 years of age, and (c) reside in the United States. In addition, the Contest (including your eligibility to participate) is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited by law.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements.
- How to Enter: To enter the Contest, register to participate in WWF’s Panda Paddle online at PandaPaddle.org.
- Contest Period and Eligible Donations: The Contest will take place between 12 PM Central Time January 1, 2022 through 11:59 PM Central Time on August 21, 2022. Only donations received through the following channels will qualify for consideration in the Contest:
- Online donations received directly through your personal Panda Paddle fundraising page;
- Online donations made on a Facebook Fundraiser created through your Panda Paddle Center and connected to your personal Panda Paddle fundraising page; and
- Offline donations (including matching gifts) delivered to WWF’s offices (WWF Accounts Receivable 1250 24th Street, NW Washington, DC 20037) and accompanied by the printed form available on your personal Panda Paddle fundraising page. (Please note that “Offline Donations” will only be counted towards your fundraising total to the extent they have been fully processed by our office by August 19, 2022. It can take over two weeks to process Offline Donations, and while WWF will use reasonable efforts to process them quickly, WWF makes no representations or warranties that it will be able to do so with respect to any given Offline Donation before the close of the Contest Period. WWF’s determination regarding the timeliness of Offline Donations received is final. Further, WWF is not responsible for any delays that may result in the context of donations from donor advised funds, from matching gift companies, mailed through USPS, etc.
- Panda Paddle Team fundraising pages
- Facebook Fundraisers that aren’t officially connected to a Panda Paddle personal page
- WWF donation forms not directly connected to a Panda Paddle personal page
- Any other third-party donation system
- Prize: The Winner (defined below) of the Contest will receive a Panda Paddle-branded standup paddleboard produced by Infinity Surf (the “Prize”). The prize will be shipped to the winner within one month of the winner claiming the prize. The prize may only be shipped to addresses within the United States and its territories, can not be shipped to PO Boxes and the recipient may be required to sign for the package. The fair market value of the Prize is $1,700. The Prize cannot be exchanged for another item and is non-transferable. THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND WWF AND INFINITY SURF HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE PRIZE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will be the eligible participant who has raised the most money through the donation channels described in Section 4 above as of 11:59 PM Central Time on August 21, 2022. The Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility at the discretion of WWF. In the event two or more participants tie for first place, the participant who reached her or his fundraising total first in time (as determined by WWF’s records) will be deemed the Winner. WWF will announce the Winner in an email after the Winner is notified by email to the email address provided at registration within 2 business days. To claim the prize, the Winner must reply to email sent by WWF within 5 business days and submit the requested tax forms.
If the winning participant cannot be contacted, is determined to be ineligible, or fails to claim the Prize by 11:59PM Eastern Time on August 26, 2022, the Prize will be forfeited, and such participant shall no longer be considered the Winner. In such case, the second-place top fundraiser will be deemed the Winner and notified via email. If such Winner cannot be contacted, is determined to be ineligible, or fails to claim the Prize within 5 days, this process shall be repeated for the next highest fundraiser, and so forth, until an eligible Winner claims the Prize.
WWF shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to the Winner’s email security settings, the Winner’s provision of incorrect information, or any other reason outside of WWF’s reasonable control. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon the Winner’s compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, these Contest rules, and/or any other rules applicable to the Winner’s participation in the Contest or the Event, as determined by WWF in its sole discretion. ANY SUCH VIOLATION WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Reservation of Rights: WWF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should any cause beyond WWF’s reasonable control corrupt or affect its ability to administer, secure, fairly operate, or otherwise conduct the Contest. In such case, WWF may, in its discretion, cancel the contest and/or select the Winner from all eligible entries. WWF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify from the Contest any participant who tampers, or attempts to tamper, with the entry process or the administration or operation of the Contest, the Event, WWF’s website, or who otherwise violates these Rules. WWF has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, without limitation, the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering or manipulating an entry. Any attempt by a participant or any other person or entity to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of law, and WWF reserves all right to seek and secure redress and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless WWF and its directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns from any liability, claim, or damage that may occur (including, without limitation, those resulting from illness, injury, or death), directly or indirectly, whether caused by WWF’s negligence or not, from: (i) your participation in the Contest; (ii) your (or any other third party’s) acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (vi the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, USA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, you agree on behalf of yourself and your heirs and assigns that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties (including, without limitation, causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest), shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the District of Columbia having jurisdiction. FURTHER, IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES, EVEN IF WWF HAS BEEN APPRISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU FURTHER WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
- Winners List: Winners first name and last initial will be posted on the Panda Paddle website [PandaPaddle.org] within 3 business days of the Winner officially claiming the prize.
- Taxes: The Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, and all expenses in claiming and using the Prize. WWF and Infinity Surf have no liability whatsoever with regard to taxes and/or fees associated with the Prize.